Saturday, May 2, 2015

Floral Macro

I was getting some of my floral macro images together a while ago and started looking back at when I started this series. My first serious effort was Christmas Day 2008 -- so six and a half years later I still shoot these images with extension tubes and a 50mm lens. I try different things now and then. When I started I was using speedlights in umbrellas, and it was a good learning experience for me at the time to trigger off-camera lights. That experience largely became used in my portrait photography for the past seven years. I now try different wrinkles -- sometimes manual flash, sometimes TTL using a pop-up flash on camera as the trigger. On this particular day I was using TTL and for some unknown reason the TTL flash was a little under what I normally use but I liked it on this astromeria.

No comments:

Post a Comment