Sunday, August 25, 2013

Summer Portrait #4

The photo above was taken earlier this month at Butler Longhorn Museum. This is Jen Watts, one of our models for the morning. Technically, this photo is a bit of a departure from my usual portrait style. Normally I shoot in full manual mode with a radio trigger, which limits my shutter speed to 1/250 sec. When I took this I was shooting with Norma DeLaGarza, a fellow Nikon shooter, and as we shot and the light became more intense I thought it would be interesting to try Nikon's CLS high speed sync -- using our pop-up flashes to trigger the flash. Specs of this portrait were: 1/1250 sec at f/1.8, ISO100, 85mm, off-camera light from a Nikon SB900 in a Westcott Rapid Box Octa -- about 1/8 power from camera right, on-camera pop-up flash zeroed out in the exposure -- just used as a triggering mechanism.

1 comment:

  1. Nice exposure, so glad your experiment worked well. The lighter area to her left, our right, is a little distracting. I wonder if just burning it in some would help?

    ReplyDelete