Sunday, August 5, 2012

Jekyll Island at Dawn

The photo above was taken in the spring on Jekyll Island, Georgia. It was one of the many shots I took on Driftwood Beach at sunrise. This was taken on day 2 of three sunrise shoots on the beach. I ventured back near the scrub to back light this great downed tree on the beach. Only problem is that the area where the beach met the brush was also the place where the noseeums were the worst. I've been bitten by mosquitoes and fire ants over the years, but after three mornings at Driftwood Beach, I don't think I've ever had worse bug bites. 0.6 sec at f/14, 56mm.

1 comment:

  1. Love the color across the scene. Composition is really good, with the cloud in the upper right helping to balance out that side of the photo. I like the small amount of included water below the tree at the horizon. It helps provide some perspective. Blacks are black; silhouette is great.

    ReplyDelete