Saturday, September 24, 2011

Jackson Square, New Orleans #2

Another photo of St. Louis Cathedral on Jackson Square in New Orleans -- this one taken late in the day from the plaza area in the front left corner. The colors were pretty blah, so converted to sepia, almost a split tone. Pretty non-traditional crop with the fence in the foreground, but somehow I was drawn to that. I have a few variations of this one in my files -- muted color, black and white, etc. But ultimately I think I like this one the best. I used Nik HDR Efex Pro on a single frame to bring up the texture in the clouds, also Nik Silver Efex for the toning. 1/100 sec at f/6.3, -0.3 EV, 35mm.

1 comment:

  1. I like the tone of the image. Nice job creating something interesting out of blah (your words); albeit the clouds help make the shot. No clouds and you probably don't pull this one off.

    ReplyDelete