Sunday, February 20, 2011

Renaissance Gothic

Back to the Renaissance Festival for another shot. We found the guy in this photo first, asked to take his photo and he was great -- very animated. Moved him in front of an ivy-lined tree and shot him with our standard strobe through a Photoflex softbox. Doug shot him first and got some really intense stuff. We thought he had a great costume until he asked if we would take a photo with his girlfriend too. And then she walked over in what you see above. I was shooting by then and had them pose in more of a stoic stance. In a weird way it reminded me of Grant Wood's American Gothic.

1 comment:

  1. Nice job on this one Steve. If I remember right we wanted to pull them out a little more away from the greenery to get some separation, but it was kind of crowded at that location and people wanted to walk behind them. As usual my timing was off, so I was the one holding the stick (light) when you got to shoot them together.

    ReplyDelete