Sunday, November 28, 2010

We Have Lift Off

I was down in Galveston on Saturday working on some focusing settings on the 70-200 lens. Ended up staying later than I anticipated and when the light go so low that there was no possible way to get a sharp shot, the mind wanders in different directions. For a while now I've been trying to capture unique views of the chaos that occurs when a brown pelican takes off from the water. Not sure whether or not this is a success, but it will go in the files. Wish I had a little more sharpness in the face and body. Setting sun off camera left created the highlight at the water level and the feet. 200mm, 1/30 sec at f/4.5, panning.

1 comment:

  1. I like the concept, but not sure I like this particular application. I wish that either something was dead sharp to anchor me or everything was more blurred to make it into an abstract. All that said, I do find that I have looked at this photo about four times before I left this comment. I guess that means there is something about it that I find interesting.

    ReplyDelete