Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Feeding Egret

Here's another photo from my Armand Bayou outing a few weeks ago. I showed this one at the Bay Area Photo Club this week. I was concerned the background was too busy, even at f/4 the reeds along the shoreline were pretty prominent. Wish I could have blurred them even more in camera. Tried some Photoshop techniques to do just that, but none looked very believable. The image ended up doing pretty well in our club's judging, so I guess the impact and the moment outweighed the busy background. 1/750 sec at f/4, 400mm.

2 comments:

  1. When I first looked at this photo, I thought: "I wished the background had less details." But, the more I looked at the photo, the more I thought: " The action of the bird is so sticking, you cannot help but look at and study the bird and the splash." Good job making me look twice and think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The exposure of the bird, reflection and splash are on target and keeps my focus. Very good!

    ReplyDelete