Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Photo Club Portraits #2

Another photo from the Bay Area Photo Club field trip a few weeks ago, this one of Danielle by herself. The door in the background was bright red, and I had mixed thoughts about that. Ended up settling on a black and white just to even things out and take that strong color out of the background. The door handle is also an issue -- thought about cropping it, but it just looked odd to have half a handle in the background. A lot of other layers mixed in here in addition to the Silver Efex black and white -- some Lucis and my latest discovery -- Flypaper Textures fly edges package. Like I need more textures.
Nikon D200, 62mm, 1/200 sec at f/7.1. Flash from the Elinchrom Quadra from high camera right.

1 comment:

  1. The handle distracts my attention some, but not overly so. I'm thinking it would not have even been an issue if she was posed more to the left side of the photo. I like the B&W treatment used for this shot. Nice exposure. More textures is not what you need...more time maybe.

    ReplyDelete