Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Incoming Pelican #1

Posts here the next several days will be a sequence of images I took of this brown pelican flying. With Featherfest right around the corner, I've been trying to shoot lots of birds the last 5-6 weeks. This series of shots was taken late February down in Galveston. All were shot shutter priority, 1/1000 sec, f/5.6 at 200mm. All images will be straight out of camera, no postprocessing. These aren't award winners, but it will get interesting. What I'll relate here are my thoughts during the sequence, or my thoughts as best I can remember. Post #1 -- I'm standing on a slip between two shrimp boats and pick up focus on a pelican flying toward me. Nothing too out of the ordinary. He's a little close, but the light's decent so I start shooting away.

No comments:

Post a Comment