Sunday, October 11, 2009

In the Trenches #6

OK, I really need to do something about the background. And I can't help but think this texture is the right one for the job. Layer #6: texture again. I cycle through the blending modes with the identical texture -- this time with the previous color dodge layer in the mix, and hard light mode catches my eye. I think it definitely accomplishes what I'd like for the background, brings your attention to the face, and brings the yellow tint to the face back to more of a semi-realistic warm shade. So, I use this layer at 100% in hard light blending mode. Interesting that I don't mask the texture below at all on either layer I've used it on ... and both blending modes are ones I don't use very often. They seem to add some nice highlights and toning to the face while taming the harsh background ... and no masks whatsoever. Amazing.




3 comments:

  1. Pretty amazing. Everything is coming along well with your edits, except something about the shadowing around her mouth still bothers me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting look. I think that the style seems to fit the photo. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The texture is definitely the right move here. Everything is shaping up to be a better end result.

    DHaass

    ReplyDelete