Saturday, May 16, 2009

anonymous

The May assignment for the Bay Area Photo Club was motion blur, and as it turned out my trip home from Washington, DC was that same night so I missed the meeting. This probably would have been one of my entries if I could have made it back in time. It's something of a departure from the vibrant colors and perfect focusing of modern digital cameras. I'd someday like to do a body of work in this same style. Cindi Barker has started a blog and has a great post about blur and abstracting the human figure with motion - here's the link. This photo was taken at the Dupont Circle Metro Station in Washington, DC - handheld at 1/8 of a second, ISO400, and toned with Nik Silver Efex.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE it!! Everything I like in a photograph --- blurred person, sharp background, black and white, leading lines. Also, a great perspective to show the ceiling like that. It even looks like he/she has on cowboy boots to me! This image is simple, yet complex with all the pattern and texture, if you know what I mean.
    I hope to see MORE images like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all three railway shot's you've posted a lot, but this one is my favorite so far. It really does a good job of conveying a sense of mood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Cindi and Larry. I enjoyed the combination of the combination of several aspects of photography (the blur, the black/white, the geometric lines, etc). A bit of a departure from the avian, floral, macro shots that we normally see from the photographer. I am looking forward to seeing more shots from your trip.

    ReplyDelete